Devenir famille d’accueil
The Alliance Française Strasbourg Europe offers an accommodation assistance service for its students when the duration of the courses in which they are registered includes 8h per week over a minimum of 2 weeks. Accommodation assistance is a service charged at 30,00 €.
There are 3 types of accomodation :
- total immersion in a host family,
- the university residence,
- the hotel residence in studios.
Total immersion in a host family is offered to students who wish to be hosted in a friendly atmosphere, based on intercultural exchanges. It is an excellent way to practice French, in a warm and family atmosphere.
When a learner makes this important choice, it implies a commitment from both parties: the student and the family, with a real desire to meet and exchange in French.
The student chooses to live with a family, for a total immersion in the French language and culture. Their primary objective is to learn or improve their level of French, and they want to study in a pleasant environment that is conducive to the practice of the language.
The host families of AFSE are all members of the association, they are visited and checked by the person in charge of accommodation and chosen according to well-defined criteria, in order of importance:
- Accessibility to the Alliance Française: being located in the urban community of Strasbourg (importance of transportation time and ease of access by streetcar & bus).
- Availability during periods of high demand (especially during the summer, July and August, respecting the dates of the school's course sessions)
- Quality of listening and friendliness of the reception
- Comfort and quality of life
- Family motivation
Our host families provide a personalized presence and attention, based on intercultural exchange and conviviality, with a strong availability and a desire for dialogue. Host families are therefore mindful of this priority when applying to the Alliance Française Strasbourg Europe.
If you are interested in becoming a host family for AFSE, please contact us at : firstname.lastname@example.org